Chand Baori is said to be named after a local ruler called Raja Chanda. However, no epigraphic evidence has been found regarding the construction of the Chand Baori or the adjoining Harshat Mata Temple. Based on similarities in style and carvings with the terraced temples of Paranagar and Mandore, the Baodi can be dated to the 8th-9th century. It was likely constructed before the temple. The Chand Baori is one of the few stepwells that has "two classical periods of water building in a single setting". according to Morna Livingston in Steps to Water: The Ancient Stepwells of India
Freemasons Hall was constructed to aid the military troops of the foreign power. The double storey white hall has an influence of the Greek engineering style. On the entrance there are tall pilasters supporting the structure with an open corridor. Italian marbles and tiles have been used in the interiors. The building is illuminated and ventilated with the help of big windows.
There is a dining hall on the first floor which is approached by a spiral staircase which is made up of Sholingar stones, with wrought iron and grill.
Porkalam Rock Cut Caves
Two rock-cut caves have been scientifically excavated by the Department of Archaeology of the erstwhile State of Cochin in 1938. These caves have been excavated out of hard laterite rock. The caves found there have a porthole and a square entrance. Outside the entrance, there is a rectangular passage with carved steps on one side. The pillar carved out of laterite is located at the middle. A portion of one cave is opened due to the quarrying of laterite.