The Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus ( Victoria Terminus) is located in Mumbai . This building, designed by F. W. Stevens, is spread across a 2.85 hectare area. The terminal was built over a period of 10 years starting in 1878. This is one of the finest functional Railway Station buildings of the world and is used by more than three million commuters daily. The building is an outstanding example of Victorian Gothic Architectural Revival in India, blended with the themes derived from Indian Traditional Architecture. Its remarkable stone dome, turrets, pointed arches and eccentric ground plan are close to traditional Indian palace architecture. It is an outstanding example of the fusion of two cultures, as British architects worked with Indian craftsmen to include Indian architectural tradition and idioms thus forging a new style unique to Mumbai. This was the first terminus station in the subcontinent. It became a commercial palace representing the economic wealth of the nation.
Sri Pachalasomeswara Swamy temple
There are three famous temples in Panagal namely Pachala Someswaraswamy Temple, the Venkateswara Swamy Temple and the Chaya Someswara Swamy Temple. Among these, from the architectural and sculptural point of view, the most important one is the Pachala Someswaraswamy Temple. It has the finest sculptural works. The ground plan of Pachala Someswaraswamy temple is different from other temples found in Telangana. It has four shrines, out of which three are arranged on the west while the fourth one is on the east with a common and large rectangular mandapa.
It has excellent sculptures on the walls and pillars, depicting stories from the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. Some of the erotic images on the walls are similar to the ones found in Khajuraho. Siva as Gjasamharamurthy, Ravana shaking Kailasa, Narsimha killing Hiranyakasipu, Battle scenes from the Mahabharatha and Ramayana are important pillar sculptures. Outside walls are also decorated with carvings of the gods. Besides, one can also see a huge Nandi, Ashta Dikpalakas, a dancing Ganesa and Lord Vishnu in the form of a Boar, Shiva as Lingodbhavamurthi. According to a pillar inscription the Pachala Sorneshwaraswamy temple is dated 1124 A.D. Panagal is located nearly 4 km from the district headquarters of Nalgonda and is accessible by road.
Sri Ananta padmanabha swamy sculpture
The idol of Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Sculpture in is carved in black granite stone measuring (2.20mts x1.00 mts). The figure of Anantha Padrnanabha Devarampally Village, is carved on a boulder here. A 32 hooded snake is also beautifully carved behind him. The upper right hand is kept below As head and the lower right hand is kept near his chest. The upper left hand is holding Sankha while the lower left hand is kept on the folded left leg. Sri Brahma is seen seated on a lotus which is raised from the navel of Anantha Padmanabha. His consorts Sri Devi and Bhu Devi are carved near his feet portion. Above the in deity, Sankha, Chakra and devotees images are also carved. On the basis of the iconographical features, this sculpture dates backto 12th -13th Century A.D.
Devarampally Village is located nearly 45 km from the district headquarters of Hyderabad and is well accessible by road.