Mudhai Devi temple
Mudhai Devi temple is a temple of goddess Mudhai built as a Hemadpanti structure in village Waghali, in Chalisgaon tehsil of Jalgaon district in Khandesh region of Maharashtra, India. Due to its archaeological importance, the Archaeological Survey of India declared this temple as a monument of national importance in 1914. The temple is located on an artificial mound and is now partly ruined. It was built around 1150–1200 AD. The temple faces east and is in stellate plan consisting of a garbhagriha, ardhamandapa, mandapa, and pottico leading to the mandapa. The structure is supported with 24 pillars. The temple is not fully preserved, its parts like pitha, vedibandha, and jangha are well preserved while shikhara is missing and in place of that roof has covered with stone slabs and concrete which is a latter addition done for its protection. The walls of the temple are bedecked with the least decorations including ratnas, foliage, geometrical and grassamukha designs. Main sculptures on the central walls at the north, west, and south are the standing images of Chandika, Surya, and Ganesha, respectively.
Akkatangi Temple and Asokan Inscription Emmethammanagundu
Siddapura is situated at a distance of 2 km west of Brahmagiri where a minor rock edict of Asoka is found. The Asokan inscription is engraved on a ledge, facing south amidst granite outcrops. It consists of 22 lines and is engraved on the peeling horizontal surface of the rock covering a space of 4.11 x 2.44 m. The edict refers to the place name Suvarnagiri from where it was issued through the prince (Aryaputra). It has a message issued by Devanampriya to the officers called Mahamatras stationed at Isila. The text of Siddapur edict is exactly similar to that of Brahmagiri. The place Isila is generally identified with Brahmagiri itself. The objective of the edict is to urge all classes of people to inculcate pious duties. The Akka Tangi temple, dedicated to Siva, was built by two sisters. It is a modest temple of 12th -13th century AD. Axially it comprises a garbhagriha, an ardhamandapa and a pillared mahamandapa with its entrance provided with kakshasana. On the austere adhisthana rise the plain wall and a flat roof.
Sri Vijayanarayana Temple, Gundlupet
The temple, dedicated to Narayana (Janardana) and situated within the fort, has been enlarged in stages at different times and is datable to circa 10th to 15th century AD. This granite temple has on plan a garbagriha, a sukanasi, a navaranga and a mandapa. The adhisthana in the region of navaranga has the usual mouldings over which rises the wall treated with slender pilasters. The original mukhamandapa appears to have had lateral entrances in the south and north now closed by another pillared ornate mandapa. The temple is known for the decorated ornate mandapa in front with beautiful pillars supporting the bracket figures and warriors on lions. The image (Vijayanarayana) is much smaller than those at Belur and Halebidu. There is a tradition that this god was also set up by Vishnuvardhana. The images of the paravasudeva temple, now in ruins, are also kept here. The temple also contains figures of anantha, garuda, vishvaksena, hanuman and a number of flowers.