Raja's Seat, Madikeri
Mercara was founded by a prince Muddu Raja of the Haleri dynasty in 1681 AD. Raja’s seat is an elevated spot overlooking a vast greenery. This spot was frequented by the royalty with a view to enjoy the scenic beauty of the valleys. It commands a thrilling view of the surrounding area. Standing in the open, the seat is provided with heavy masonry arched pavilion from where the visitor can see one of the finest and most enchanting views.
This temple is close to the Karegudi on its left. The porch of the temple has disappeared. It has an antechamber and a shrine. The entrance door of the antechamber and of the shrine are both squat. There is no sculpture on the lintel of the shrine door. The pillars of the hall are similar to those of the karegudi and Jyotirlinga temple No.2. There is no shikhara over the shrine.
Parsvanatha Basti, Kubatur
The Parshvanatha basti was constructed in 1017 AD. It has a garbhagriha with a long pillared mandapa in the east. Constructed in laterite blocks the garbhagrihahas a seated image of Jina crowned by a seven-hooded snake, about 1.52 m high with a canopy, flanked by chauri-bearers all in one stone. The exterior walls are plain. There are a few Jaina inscriptions in the premises of the temple referring to the Sallekhana of some Jaina ascetics. A rare inscription in the temple refers to major forms of medieval Indian temples.